Joy! My heart is full!
So many uploads from teambots today, with so much creativity!
Yesterday = intermittent transmission problems. Clearer reception today.
Science teambots shared Earth-based alternative fuel options: geothermal, wind, solar, nuclear, maglev, and biodiesel.
Communications teambots shared an invention idea that uses seasonally-available resources for energy: grass, snow, dead leaves, and poop.
Practiced increasing my energy reserves on my own.
I now hear the frequencies from the Earthbot, animalbots, my teambots, and groups of humanbots in towns.
Still to resolve: how to complete ascension back through atmosphere from Los Angeles?
Awaiting final inputs from teambots tomorrow - including a dance.
Definition: A series of movements that match the speed and rhythm of a piece of music.
Anticipate energy reserves to be full for launch!
October 26, 2011
Dear Students in Montreal,
We really like the machine you created to help clean up the atmosphere. We liked how you used different resources for each season. We didn’t know that you could use dog and cat poop as a resource. Some students are investigating its use in “biomass.” We also didn’t know that you could use dead grass or snow as a resource. We think that your machine is a good way to generate energy.
I hope that one day your machine can help us generate energy for our machines. That way we won’t use as much natural resources or have pollution. We think that’s a great idea. We hope we can use your machine to help Laika get home, too.
We love your machine! We hope that we can see it in person one day. We’d love to meet you guys, too. Maybe, we could keep writing and sharing ideas in the future.
Caitline M, Zachary S, & Ali F
Toluca Lake Elementary School
Innovative Alternative Propulsion Systems
Laika, we know that you need a way to power yourself back to your home. We’ve been investigating different ways to get you home without using fossil fuels or harming earth’s environment. Here are some of our ideas:
- Laika, I think you should try geothermal energy. It’s good because it is eco- friendly, very reliable, and also very sustainable. The bad thing is that it’s limited to certain areas where water does not lay near hot magma. Still, I think that you could use geothermal energy to help power you journey. - Gianna C
- Laika, I think you should try wind energy. It’s a good idea to use wind energy because it is friendly to the environment and you won’t ever have to refill anything. There are not many things that are bad about wind energy. It’s a type of energy that is a reusable resource so we can never run out of it. - Hunter R
- Laika, I think you should try solar wind energy. It’s good because it isn’t a fossil fuel so it won’t pollute the Earth. A bad thing is that it could cause a magnetic storm and mess up our electrical appliances. I still think it would be good for you to use to help you get home. -Gabriel C
- Laika, I think you should try biodiesel energy. It’s good because it uses less fossil fuel. The bad thing about it is that it’s not easy to get. You have to mix diesel fuel with leftover animal products like vegetable oil and bacon grease. If you do get biodiesel, it’ll be good for you to use it. - Ali F
- Laika, I think you should try nuclear energy. It’s good because it doesn’t release carbon dioxide. The bad thing about nuclear energy is that it releases radiation and is radioactive waste that is deadly to humans. On the other hand, radioactivity doesn’t sound too healthy; maybe nuclear energy isn’t the best energy out there to power you. – Edward R
- Laika, I think you should try maglev power to get you home. It’s a good source of energy because it uses magnetism instead of fossil fuels. The bad thing is that they need a rail, and I don’t know how easy it’ll be to make one of those going into outer space. I think there may be some way for you to use it to help you on part of your journey home. - Gabriel A
Aujourd’hui nous avons appris une danse (Gumboots) pour t’encourager dans le reste de ta mission. Pour apprendre cette danse l’équipe a fait grande preuve de persévérance et de patience. Prends exemple sur nous, avec courage, patience et persévérance, tu pourras compléter avec succès ta mission.
Today we have learned a dance (Gumboots) to cheer you on the rest of your mission. To learn those steps, the team showed a lot of perseverance and patience. Take example on us, with courage, patience and perseverance, you will complete your mission with success.
Panelbots at the Alamosa Solar Project were very friendly.
They generate clean energy from the sunbot’s rays.
Definition of clean energy:
Fuel produced without emitting carbon dioxide.
They are excited to send power to thousands of humanbots’ homes. But, it won’t be hot. Sunlight on my skin casing feels hot. But, the panels will convert the sunlight into electricity fuel.
Is electricity hot?